The Bloggie Cult
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for bloggers to gather to discuss blogging issues, tips and tricks, and get general information.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Twispired Designs
About Book Talk EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:13 pm by sithereandread

» Free avatar creators?
About Book Talk EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:17 pm by SuperReaderGirl

» New Blogger
About Book Talk EmptyThu May 06, 2010 3:26 am by kelli

» Mentee Information
About Book Talk EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:55 am by kelli

» Disclaimer
About Book Talk EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:02 pm by Chas

» Thank you Kristen!!
About Book Talk EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:20 pm by Seawytch

» I've been waiting for a mentor for over a month now...
About Book Talk EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:42 pm by YSPrincess

» Signed Copy of A.S. Peterson's The Fiddler's Gun
About Book Talk EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:46 am by VaBookworm87

» February Book Giveaway
About Book Talk EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 am by Kate

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

About Book Talk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kate
Admin
Kate

About Book Talk Empty
PostSubject: About Book Talk   About Book Talk EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Part of the reason I love blogging is the book love. I can get online any time and read till my heart's content about book reviews, opinions, happenings in the book world, etc. Yet I find, in our community, there is not actually much discussion regarding books. Overall, it seems very one sided: You write the review, and readers comment on their thoughts of the review or a small general thought on the novel. Then that is it.. novel done and we move on to the next one. But I often find that I want to actually talk about the book... what I liked.. what I did not care for... favorite character... etc. So in an effort to expand on my love of books, I propose a Book Talk.

A Book Talk will consist of readers who have already read a predetermined YA novel discussing their thoughts. Below you will find the basic overview of a Book Talk.

* Book Talk book selection options will be posted on the First Tuesday of the month. Readers will have 72 hours to vote on their selection choice.
* The winning selection's cover will be posted on my sidebar at The Neverending Shelf as well as a post for the month's group to notify readers of the month's read with the date of the discussion.
* Discussions will be held once a month in our Chatbox. This allows us to have a private conversation in a real-time environment.
* If possible, the author may stop by the discussion to answer some questions or give his/her thoughts on the novel.
* Readers can submit discussion questions or suggest book selection options at any time by filling out the form here: http://www.theneverendingshelf.com/2010/01/book-talk.html

Interested in participating? Please help me chose January's selection by filling out the form. I will take reading suggestions for January until midnight Wednesday, the 6th. Voting for the selection will take place on Thursday-Saturday with the result revealed on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
https://thebloggiecult.forumotion.com

About Book Talk
Page 1 of 1